My contribution to the Eva buildoff I had with a few friends including @ai_paintworks, @anubis_20 and dt.modelworks! For the build I went with a pink that had a bit more pop to it by adding a bit of florescent pink! The handguns used in the pictures were printed by the very talented @mech_case and came in the perfect size for the rg!
Although the builds for the rg eva series are mostly similar, they all provide the same great build with amazing articulation! It’s amazing to think that the RGs are the size of some of the smaller MGs! For the build, I added a bit more color separation than the original kit and modded the piping at the end of the sniper rifle. The sniper rifle is enormous, but with the thin barrel, the Eva manages to hold it up quite well!
- The Eva kits have amazing articulation, able to pull a great range of poses
- many different fixed hand options to choose from
- Adds a lot of detail and color separation out of Box on the OG design
- Nearly MG size!
- Shoulders are a pain to pose around and prone to scratch the arm
- builds between other Eva units differ little in build and with what’s included
- arm gets loose quite often while posing
- Pink: Evo Pink primer then Splash Paints eva pink with 20% florescent pink mix
- Maroon: Evo Pink primer then 30% Anchoret Dark rose red with 70% rose red
- Purple: Anchoret Dark rose red with a few drops of purple
- Orange Yellow: Evo yellow primer then 80% Gaia Mandarin orange with 20% florescent orange/orange yellow mix
- Grey: Mr Hobby 1200 surfacer then Anchoret ZGMF Cold Grey light
- Black: Mr Hobby 1200 surfacer then Gaia Frost Matte Black
- Inner frame Dark Grey: Anchoret Cold Grey
- Metallic Grey: Mr Hobby 1200 surfacer then star bright iron
- Red: Gaia Evo Pink Primer then Hobby Mio premium red
- Beam effect orange: Evo Pink Primer then 70% florescent orange+ 30% Orange yellow mix. Then 80% yellow with 20% white for highlighting