I finally got around to finishing one of my secret santa kits from 2019! The XN Raiser is a beast of a kit that places even more add-ons and weapons onto the existing 00 Raiser. I might be alone on this one, but I think the 00 Gundam looks its best with the 00 Gundam and Raiser separately! That being said, the XN Raiser looks incredibly detailed though it is hard to pose due to the weight of the all the Rasier add-ons. For this kit I tried my hand at some light scribing and got another chance to use one of my favorite blue paints, Gaia colbalt blue with some florescent pink!
This 00 Gundam comes with all the weapons of the MG raiser kit with the XN weapons included. The strength of this kit is the amount of options you have for displaying the kit! You can choose to have the 00 gundam and raiser separate, together, or vice versa with the XN Raiser. The kit also comes with some neat additions like the GN Buster Sword III which can either be placed on the raiser or used as a weapon. Unfortunately for me, the weight of the sword broke the left wrist of the kit, so no fun poses with it this time!
- Lots of different weaponry to work with
- XN Raiser ship looks great
- Several options/forms for how you can pose the kit
- Kit becomes a brick once you include all the add ons
- Wrists have trouble supporting the weight of the GN Buster Sword III (and in my case broke one of the wrist joints)
- High MG Price
- Blue: 80% Gaia Colbalt blue+10% flourescent pink+ 10%white. Added a bit more gaia ultra blue after mixing
- Yellow: Base coat of Orange, then add white for preshade. Then 60% Orange Yellow + 40% Yellow with drops of white added for highlight
- White: intermediate blue preshade followed by white
- Grey-white: Intermediate blue preshade followed by 90% white+10% joint grey
- Red: Black preshade then Gaia bright red. Added yellow for highlights
- Dark Grey: At first used 60% gaia neutral gray 3 40%+ dark seagrey (mr color 331) but was too light. Added 50% gaia flat black to to that mix
- GN Saber green: Black base coat followed by Mr Crystal color Tourmaline green