I always found it interesting that the Gundam Universe would occasionally have feminine mech designs (NOT U FUMINA BOT) despite the Gundams themselves being gender-less. Some great examples include the Nobel Gundam, Farsia, GN Archer and Miss Sazabi. Since these designs are so few and far between, this I started this kitbash with the sole purpose of creating the most badass female GM to roam the battlefield!
In planning this kitbash, my options were limited; there are very few kits that have “slimmer limbs” and kitbashing a Nobel Gundam with a GM was basically impossible with regards to the proportions.
In the end, I went with the GN Archer and Nobel gundam due to their similarities in proportions. With a few minor mods to the waist and backpack, I was able to make these two kits compatible! As for the color scheme, that went through a few phases in planning. Originally, I went for a two color scheme: A colbalt violet mix and white. I felt that this combo was sorely missing some color separation, so I decided to revisit one of my favorite color schemes from the Duel Gundam Assault Shroud! I just love how the blue and orange colors complement each other.
Originally I devised this kitbash as my entry to JoJo Hobbys and stuff’s GM contest. However, one of the requirements of that contest is that the entry must be 50% GM…my kit is 70% Nobel Gundam, 20% GN archer, 10% GM/GM. So unfortunately, I can’t enter this kit. Stay tuned for my GM contest entry later this month (if I finish in time)!
- HG GN Archer
- HG Nobel Gundam
- HG GM/GM (backpack)
- HG Ground gundam (gun) HG Vidar (pistol) HG Atlas (Submachine gun)
- Blue: Gaia light surfacer then 80% Gaia Colbalt violet+10% flourescent pink+ 10%white. Added a bit more gaia ultra blue after mixing
- Orange: Base coat of Orange, then add white for preshade. Then 60% Orange Yellow + 40% Yellow with drops of white added for highlight
- White: intermediate blue preshade followed by Gaia Ex white
- Red: Finisher’s foundation pink then Gaia bright red
- Dark Grey: At first used 60% gaia neutral gray 3 40%+ dark seagrey (mr color 331) but was too light. Added 50% gaia flat black to to that mix
- Black: Mr Color tire black
- GN green: Black base coat followed by Mr Crystal color Tourmaline green