OZ-00MS RG TALLGEESE FLUGEL
I’ve been on a bit of a Gundam Wing trip lately, this time customizing the new RG Tallgeese. Though I’ve never read the Glory of Losers manga, I was intrigued by how the Tallgeese modernization incorporated the Wing Zero into its design. To change the kit into the Tallgeese Flugel, I modded the Wing Zero EW backpack onto the Tallgeese, created the Tempest heat lance, and used pla-plate to create the Tallgeese “emblem” for the wings. This build was the first time I tried out using pla plate, and I think it turned out pretty well. I’ll definitely consider incorporating it into future builds and test it out whenever I see an opportunity.
The RG Tallgeese itself is a bit of a mixed bag; on one hand, the kit has excellent articulation in some areas like the Dober Gun/ Shield connectors and the backpack (which I didn’t even use!), but suffers in other areas like the head and side skirts which constantly hinders movement in the legs. Aesthetically, the Tallgeese design is either love or hate depending on your taste, but has better proportions than its MG counterpart. The kit also doesn’t feature much of an inner frame like past RG kits, and though its still a solid build, some might see the lack of the traditional RG frame as a sorely missed feature.
Kit review and build details following the image gallery. Enjoy!
WIP & Detail shots
Dober Gun/Heat lance/ Beam saber shots
- Lots of details to panel line
- Improved proportions over it’s MG counterpart
- Good amount of articulation in the shoulder mounted weapon connectors and backpack
- Head does not have good articulation and waist skits limit posability
- Lack of RG inner frame makes the kit lose its feel as an RG kit
- RG Tallgeese
- RG Wing Gundam Zero EW
- HG IBO MS Option set 1
- Tamiya TS 27, Matte White
- Tamiya AS 20, Insignia White
- Tamiya TS 30, Silver Leaf
- Tamiya TS 72, Clear Blue
- Tamiya TS 39, Mica Red
- Tamiya TS 34, Camel Yellow
- Tamiya TS 38, gun metal
- Tamiya TS 82, Rubber black