LEO SPACE TYPE
I’ve seen a lot of awesome builds done with this kit so far, so I decided to make my own version before the inevitable flood of P-bandai Leo variants. For this build, I used the color scheme used for the Leo space type. I’m pretty pleased with the way this build turned out, though I did get a pretty bad frosting effect spraying topcoat on the shield. Lesson learned: never spray paint in high humidity.
I really dug the purple colors which gave it a more unique look even if Leos tended to blow up en masse on the TV show from stray beams. It’s easy to see why this kit is well received; a cheap price point and simple build make it ideal for practicing painting or even building an entire army. Kit review and build details following the image gallery. Enjoy!
- Great articulation in legs and arms
- Beginner friendly kit
- Great for painting and weathering practice
- Affordable price point
- Head has no mobility without modding
- Seamlines need to be fixed
- ankle armor falls off often when posing
- Tamiya TS 24 Purple
- Tamiya TS 30 Silver Leaf
- Tamiya TS 38, gun metal
- Tamiya TS 82, Rubber black
- Mr Color S58 Orange Yellow